Floating Points Readies 'Late Night Tales' Compilation
His entry in the series features Sarah Davachi, Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith, Kara-Lis Coverdale and more
Published Feb 27, 2019While 2018 was a quiet year for Floating Points as far as new releases went, producer Sam Shepherd has now revealed his involvement in mixing a new Late Night Tales compilation.
Shepherd's mix for the series will arrive March 29 and is said to be a "collection of global soul, ambient, jazz and folk treasures."
Tracks on the compilation include material from Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith, Kara-Lis Coverdale, Max Roach, Azimuth, Alain Bellaïche and more, with exclusives from Sarah Davachi, Toshimaru Nakamura and Lauren Laverne.
I've learnt about a lot of incredible music from listening to the Late Night Tales compilations over the years, so I jumped at the opportunity to compile one myself," Shepherd said in a statement. "The music is a selection of the kind of records I play to set the tone when DJing all night long."
Late Night Tales - Floating Points is available for pre-order in a variety of formats here. You can take in an audio trailer for the effort below.
Shepherd last released Reflections - Mojave Desert as Floating Points in 2017. He delivered the solo effort Elaenia in 2015.
Late Night Tales - Floating Points:
1. Sarah Davachi – "Untitled, live in Portland" (Exclusive track)
2. Carlos Walker - "Via Láctea"
3. The Rationals – "Glowin'"
4. William S. Fischer – "Circle"
5. Max Roach - "Equipoise"
6. Abu Talib (Bobby Wright) - "Blood Of An American"
7. Sweet & Innocent - "Express Your Love"
8. Robert Vanderbilt & The Foundation of Souls - "A Message Especially From God"
9. The Defaulters - "Gentle Man"
10. Alain Bellaïche – "Sun Blues"
11. Alain Bellaïche – "Sea Fluorescent"
12. Kara-Lis Coverdale – "Moments In Love"
13. Azimuth – "The Tunnel"
14. Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith – "Milk"
15. Toshimaru Nakamura – "Nimb#59" (Exclusive track)
16. Floating Points – "Sweet Time Suite Opening" (Exclusive Kenny Wheeler cover version)
17. Lauren Laverne - "Ah! Why, Because The Dazzling Sun" (Exclusive spoken word piece)